Monday, December 29, 2008
Every time I've come to my blog in the last two days I'd say "hmm...not really anything to write that these people don't already know about," and I'd move along to some other activity. So I'm revoking my previous overreactive, fear driven, hole digging, blog securing and making it public again...whatever that means.
I know that God has called my husband and I to minister to our community and it's going to mean talking to people like the guys that prank called me the other night. It's not just going to mean talking to them, it's going to mean meeting them, ministering to them, praying for them, fellowshipping with them, and even loving them. It's going to mean putting my fears aside and trusting that I have a mighty awesome powerful God who does not allow one moment of life to happen without his knowledge.
Thanks for understanding my little moment!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Sugar Cookie Frock GIVEAWAY!!!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
many creatures were stirring not just one little mouse;
Their poop was strewn round the floor without care,
in hopes of the meal they soon would find there.
The children were screaming and ran for their beds,
While visions of Hantavirus danced in their heads;
And Dave in his boxers, and I with a bat,
Had just settled down to wait the attack,
When out in the pantry there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the barracade to see what was the matter.
Away to the kitchen I flew like a flash,
Tore open the door and threw up the trash.
The light on the door of the fresh baited trap
Gave the lustre of carrnage to objects entrapped,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a tiny young mouse, his eyes full of fear,
With a little black nose, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment he must be quite sick.
More rapid than sneezing I made up my mind,
And I whistled, and shouted, and rejoiced at my find;
"We've caught one! We've got him! now, one less to spite!
Come on now! Let's go now! Take him out this cold night!
To the top of the lane! Throw him over the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"
As tumbleweeds that before the wild tornado fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the highway our tahoe we drove,
With the trap full of mice, and some bugs we suppose.
And then, in a twinkling, I heard in the trap
The squeaking and squealing of each little rat.
As I reached down my hand, and was picking them up,
I knew all they wanted was on something to sup.
They were dressed all in fur, from their head to their feet,
And their eyes were all round and cute when they squeaked;
A bundle of fleas they had stuck on their back,
And they looked like small rodents all brown and all black.
Their eyes -- how they twinkled! Their feet oh how tiny!
Their cheeks were like fur balls, their noses so shinny!
Their droll little mouths were drawn up, teeth protruding,
And the whiskers on their cheeks were twitching and moving;
The stump of a seed they held tight in their teeth,
And the smell of them encircled the car like a wreath;
They had pointed faces and little round bellies,
That shook, as they coward like bowls of jelly.
They were chubby and plump, a right jolly old bunch,
And I laughed when I saw them, in spite of my hunch;
A wink of their eyes and a twist of their heads,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;
They spoke not a word, but went straight out the trap,
And bounced down the road; and didn't look back,
And taking my fingers off of my nose,
And giving a sigh, my spirits had rose;
I sprang to the tahoe, to my family gave a whistle,
And away we all drove like the down of a thistle.
And I heard Dave exclaim, ere we drove out of sight,
"Good riddens their gone or at least for tonight."
Monday, December 22, 2008
2. I did not start making Pajama pants for my bro for Christmas only to have them come out looking like clown pants.
3. I am not going to eat a piece of leftover birthday cake for breakfast.
4. I did not cut off a contaminated piece of said birthday cake (that the dog licked) and proceed to frost over the part I cut off yesterday.
I know I did some really funny stuff this week but I can't for the life of me remember what I did...if I remember I'll update later.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
As an evangelical Christian I obviously agree with the idea of Intelligent design (or rather an Intelligent Designer) and I was challenged by the fact that there are some questions which I have choosen to make up the answers for myself not really searching for truth.
Everytime I hear someone try to explain away the "idea" of God I am reminded of the Rich man who asked Jesus "What must I do to inherit eternal life?" I don't know too many people who don't wonder, at least a little about what happens after this life. Natural selection does not provide much hope for the soul of man...but that's not really what this post is about.
This documentary struck me to the core as they talked about essentially replacing faith with science. One scientist mentioned that faith should become as a recreational activity people participate in on the weekend. Another insisted because there is nothing to have faith in his life was only as valuable as he deemed it to be and that he would end it when it became to difficult for him to live.
Ben Stein talks with historians about what occured in Nazi Germany when a few people's market value of life was impressed upon an entire nation. People didn't get to choose whether their life was valuable and their faith actually aided in their demise.
What will happen here, in America, when my belief in the value of my life and the lives of my children does not line up with market value? What happens daily when mothers, fathers, doctors, and nurses choose to devalue human life simply because they can not see it's worth. What happens when the creator of life is disregarded and instead we elevate what we believe to be comfort and perfection, what is right and best?
It starts small...say with the idea of evolution as Darwin put it. Then slowly (or rather quickly in my opinion) ballons into a end all be all revolutionary idea to bring everlasting joy to people who will in the end parish just as those before them and those to come.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. Mr. Incredible and I did not leave the windows open last night only to have the temperature plumet to 39 degrees and cool the house down to about 58.
2. I did not think of getting rid of all the animals we have brought home and try to return to a more normal simple way of life this week.
3. I did not think my Nator was being so well behaved in the nursery yesterday only to find out they had taken him way back to the bathroom so I couldn't hear his screaming. Thanks guys for letting me hear the sermon!
3b. When the nursery worker asked Boo boo princess how you get My Nator to calm down she did not answer by saying "nurse him."
4. There are NOT 3 more days until Moosekat is 7 and 6 days until My Nator is 1.
5. I did not consider snooping for my Christmas present just because I know where it is. If you'll read my Christmas questionere post I specifically mentioned that all I wanted for Christmas is a surprise and if I snoop I will ruin the surprise. (Don't worry Mr. I I didn't snoop!)
6. I did not see a green shirt with woodland creatures holding signs that said "Texas Public Radio" "Likes You" yesterday. Sorry but that was just weird! (I found a picture of the shirt which can be yours for a donation of $60 to Texas Public Radio)
That sounds like enough confessing for now! Check out Mckmama's crew for more confessions!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I forgot to tell Mr. Incredible about the new chickens...so this could be hello and goodbye for Sarah and Lucy!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find, and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."
Monday, December 8, 2008
1. I did not not do Not Me Monday last week and miss it!
2. There are not litterally dozens of mice in my house playing and dancing about without a care in the world. I am not contemplating all sorts of awful things (to do to them) thinking about it.
3. I am not way behind on my sewing for Christmas...
4.I did not leave a ring of dried sausage out on the kitchen table. That would be silly as I know our new dog really likes people food and will do anything to get it. And, once she did get it I didn't take it away from her, cut off the bitten part and throw it outside for the other dogs to eat keeping the rest of it.
Ok, I can't think of anything else...maybe I'll update later!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Some times I end up with good photos like this one. But, as a mom on a tight (really tight) budget I can't afford the artistic talents of those mentioned above to preserve the beauty of what is this bountiful season of my life.
I was graciously given a new camera last year for Christmas (Thanks bro!) to replace the sorta high end one I left on the back of Mr. Incredible's truck. It's your basic point in shoot and I know there is potential contained within I just can't seem to tap into it!
Here are some sample photos I took (Moosekat did all the posing himself):
Anyhow I guess I'll have to stick to taking pictures on cloudy days until I can get someone to help me out with this.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? real...ly artificial! Too many people drive around with Save the Trees bumper stickers and a fresh cut tree strapped to the top. (Thanks Melissa for that wonderful Christmas memory).
3. When do you put up the tree? This was the first time ever we put it up the day after Thanksgiving.
4. The Grinch stole #4
5. Do you like eggnog? That is the nastiest excuse for a holiday drink I have ever been so unfortunate to partake of.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My precious moments angel doll and my see through flashy phone.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Boo Boo princess. Oh and My Nator...at this point any old box will do.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes...I think...Maybe not...
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I still haven't figured that one out...In other words, I don't do either.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The one I picked out for myself and then had Mr. Incredible wrap. The gift was great it was just the idea behind picking my own gift.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Claymation movie with the dinosaurs who are talking about Wassel. Then there's the dog movie the Twelve Days of Christmas...if you haven't seen it you should!
13. When do you start shopping? You're supposed to shop for Christmas? Oh...guess I better get started then!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If you count forgetting to give the kids a present one year and holding on to it until the next...then yes!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade Chex Mix!!!!
16. Lights on the tree? Nope, not this year...it attracks small grubby fingers. Without the lights my Nator has been surprisingly uninterested in the tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Jingle Bells Batman smells...oh wait that's not appropriate! I like Mary Did you Know?
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home is where the heart is...what does that mean anyway?
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Dasher,Dancer,Prancer,Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzen, and Rudolph! (What do I win?)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I'm not tall enough to reach the top so it stands bare!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning of course...Santa doesn't come Christmas eve! Ok, so he doesn't come here at all but everyone still has to wait in their room until mom and dad are up to even see the gifts beneath the tree!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Honestly...not being the kid anymore. I love giving gifts to my children and making this time of year special for them, but, I really mourn the loss of my own childhood ambitions about Christmas.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Victorian
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Snacks, Chex Mix, Cheese Ball, Homemade candy and cookies!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Surprise! I just want to be surprised!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thank you Lord for speaking to us for calling us to service through your word.
Thank you for pastors and teachers who have been obedient to share the truth of the gospel and your spirit which has moved upon our hearts to respond.
Thank you that you never leave us or forsake us. Thank you that you care for us even as you care for the lillies of the field.
Thank you for the gathering of 4 generations of my family this afternoon to fellowship and eat. Thank you for the gathering of friends who are close enough to be family this evening, for fajitas!
Thank you for my precious children. Thank you that they are not truly mine, but yours and therefore have an incredible Abba Father.
Thank you for my dear husband. You have done great and mighty things in him and I am honored to be his help meet and to run this race with him to your victory!
Thank you Lord for so many more things than I can list here. You know my heart is bursting with Thanksgiving this day and all days. You are a mighty, holy, infinite, loving God!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
1. If you are looking for toliet paper you will not find it in it's proper place or anywhere near the toliet for that matter! Instead look for the large pile of mummy wrap (properly removed from the roll) sitting high atop the bathroom counter. My Nator has already torn apart pieces into semi-usable handfulls.
2. Yes those are rubber bands wrapped around the kitchen cabinet knobs. Do be careful not to snap yourself while attempting to remove them.
3. Should you choose to actually sit on the furniture (as opposed to jumping on it) you will have to straighten the cushions and remove whatever that is poking your backside. I do try to keep things tidy, but I can't be responsible for what I can not see and as I do not generally have time to sit any objects left between the cushions will go unnoticed.
4. What, you say you hear screaming? Oh well as long as no one is bleeding...what were we talking about?
5. Drink offers are as follows: juice, milk, or water (if your lucky it will be bottled water or you can have it in a big kid cup).
6. I apologize in advance if you here the words "mommy I pooped" or "I need help" followed by sudden streaking.
7. The baby has started walking and he wants everything you have. It would be in your best interest to keep all phones, keys, and beverages out of sight or up high.
8. Speaking of keys, mine have been missing for some time. Let me know if you find them in the couch.
9. My children are hyper social. If you see them coming towards you be prepared for a lenghty conversation or else prepare for a quick exit. I will certainly try to redirect them, but if you're friendly they will flock!
10. Thank you for stopping by, I hope this tutorial has better prepared you for your next visit!
Monday, November 24, 2008
I did not break down crying last night because I have not yet learned that I am unable to parent my precious almost 7 year old on my own and I need God's daily guidance.
I am not about to have a 7 year old in 24 days and a 1 year old in 27 days.
I am not planning on making Pj's for just about everyone on my Christmas list.
There is not a tiny mouse daily avoiding sudden death by old fashion mouse traps and still getting away with the peanut butter. What the mouse does not realize is that by eating all of the PB he is plumping up and at just the right moment his girth will overtake the traps lever and that will be indeed his last meal.
Check out what others are not doing over at Mckmamas
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
As I am typing this hilarious post my house alarm has started to screech in a long piercing tone which no amount of button pushing has succeeded in quieting...it will take the alarm repair man at least 40 minutes to get here. So in attempts to drown the noise I have turned on a praise CD LOUD...and it has now began to skip seemingly mocking my attempts to stifle the screeching. What? What already? I'm listening! Believe it or not I find this amusing....
But I intended to tell you the story of the time I went to IHOP with my bff (best friend forever) Melissa. This was some time ago but still a fresh raw memory. I had begun wearing long skirts on a regular basis. They're feminine and flowy and just make me feel pretty. I had just returned from the bathroom and was beginning to tell Melissa all the things I really liked about wearing long skirts. I scooped my hand underneath me to straighten out my skirt as I sat down I realized to my horror that my beautiful long flowy skirt was tucked into my not near as attractive big white granny panties. I of course could not see my face but I felt it! I had pranced by the entire smoking section in all my tucked in glory smiling and standing tall. The waitor could not stifle his laughter as he passed and neither could all the patrons between me and the bathroom. So we did what any one would do...laughed until we cried. Well the alarm repair man has come. The screeching has stopped and I turned off the scratched CD. Peace has returned...just in time for the end of Too Funny Tuesday. Until next week.
Monday, November 17, 2008
I did not eat three pieces of cake at a friends adoption party yesterday and use the excuse that I was trying to keep someone from having to take home a whole 60 piece cake.
I would not really like to adopt some children myself. I also do not feel completely inadequate for the job and do not fear having a homestudy done in case they decide I'm not even fit to parent the children I do have.
On that note...my 3 year old has not been planning a birthday party for months, for her sister. She doesn't have a sister (really).
I think that's about it for this week. Check out MckMama's!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Pictures as soon as I get a new SD card...Mr. Mobile slobbered on mine rendering it useless.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Nordic Bo Peep and Long Lost Sheep Costume GIVEAWAY!!!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
1. I am not easily offended and argumenative.
2. I am not quick to judge motives and intentions (wrongly).
3. I am not persuing "wood" "hay" and "stubble" passions rather than investing in eternal rewards.
4. I did not go searching through my past (via facebook and classmates.com) to find the sinful life I left behind. And, when I found person after person that had graduated college and done exciting things I did not feel even a little jealous.
5. Finally, I'm not hoping for the quick work of the holy spirit to come upon me and cause conviction and repentance so that I can return to peace in the arms of God.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
See the dead grass? And the wind whipping the flag to shreds?
Reflect on the ability to wear both long sleeves and jeans or short sleeves and shorts and be equally comfortable.
And, the oranges are finally ready after months of maturing.
But no, fall is not my season.
Monday, November 3, 2008
I did not almost forget to post a not me Monday. Are you kidding it's what I look forward to most on Monday's.
I did not give myself a mental pep talk to stay calm and not be afraid while keeping an eye on the Opossum in our chicken coop (see two posts down). I also did not give the opossum a mental threat that if he so much as looked at me funny I'd maybe slice him in two with the carving knife my husband gave me.
I did not kinda feel sad for above opossum because he was going to go hungry that night once we got him out of the coop.
I did not offer to bring "social security pie" to my friends election day party and mention that everyone would only get an 8th of their share of the pie and that is if there is anything left by the time they get to it. (ha ha ha!)
I did not look all week last week for a particular fabric I knew I had stashed somewhere only to give up and go buy something else and then find the fabric I was looking for today ON TOP of the pile I had looked in three times. That would be annoying if I had done that!
I did not totally tell everyone about Mckmama's amazing miracle baby and how God worked it all out for his glory. And, I would not recommend you go read it yourself and share with others.
I am not thinking of a million more things I did not do and could not probably go on, but instead go find someone much more funny than I here at Mckmama's
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Tropical Tree Frog Costume GIVEAWAY!!!!