Tuesday, October 28, 2008
GROSGRAIN MINI STORE OPENING NOVEMBER 6!!!! AND BIG PREVIEW GIVEAWAY!!!!
She makes these cute reversable outfits out of warm materials and pretty prints.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
1. I did not throw my phone as hard as I could against the bed and then have it fly off onto the floor and the back pop off while throwing a hissy fit the other day. That would be silly to act so childish.
2. My phone did not ring minutes later with the sweet sound of a spirit filled friend calling to let me know I was heavy on her heart and after hearing my tale of unrighteous anger she most certainly did not tell me I needed to think of Christ's suffering and put my own emotions into prospective. I was not convicted and grateful for it.
3. I have not been encouraging boo boo princess to wear her edith twirl skirts every day so that she can show them off. And I would not encourage her to mention (when complemented) that her mommy made them for her.
4. I did not take more than my share of cake home after the birthday party we attended today. That would be selfish and besides the cake was not my absolute most favorite kind of cake with way too much icing.
5. I did not selfishly leave my sick baby home with his daddy so that I could go to church today only to have to come home after Sunday school because he was screaming and throwing up and wouldn't calm down.
6. That same baby did not immediately calm down when I walked in the door and fail to show any more signs of illness or discontentment.
Mckmama may be having a baby this monday so there may not be any "Not Me Monday!" post on her blog, but just in case hop on over and check out some other amusing No Me's!
Friday, October 24, 2008
I didn't manage to post much this week...and I'm not really sure where the week went. But here's the low down...or what I can remember.
Wednesday I finished another twirly skirt which I was going to sell until boo boo princess decided she liked it and wore it out to lunch where I got my first "order" for a skirt.So the above is what boo boo princess' skirt looked like. That evening I went out to buy material for the ordered skirt which looks very similar to the above. I worked on it Wednesday night and some on Thursday until we left for:
The Medieval Faire. This was a blast! As you can see I dressed up. I had made that dress for my mom to attend a renissance style affair a while back. Boo boo princess was a princess of course and my piggy was a valiant night. Nator...well he had a little "pooh" on his shirt.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
1. I did not talk my husband into buying more fabric to make edith twirly skirts. That would be silly as I haven't finished the last one I started and I already had fabric for another one...besides boo boo princess told me "mommy, I don't want any more skirts."
2. I certainly did not make My piggy fall off the pew during church today (he was laying on my lap) and proceed to laugh uncontrollably...and all of this did not occur during the pastor's sermon.
3. Boo boo princess did NOT and I repeat NOT fall out of the living room window earlier this week and hurt her shoulder. That would make her grandparents nervous and angry and cause people to question my parenting. Of course I wasn't so busy doing dishes and cleaning house to notice that she was sitting in the window sill leaning against the screen. I did not feel terrible and worried and scared that she might have broken something (and I really don't mean the window screen).
4. My Nator absolutely positively no questions asked did NOT take his first steps this week. He is entirely way to young for such silliness and you can't convince me otherwise!
Check the other not me gangs at My Charming Kids
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
"I know someone who is going to terminate the life of their unborn child in x amount of days. Will you pray?"
After a few brief moments of stunned breathlessness I think to myself:
"no it's not the first time this request has been made of me, yes I have been personally involved in the lives of women considering/ actually following through with an abortion before, and yes the knowledge of someone wanting an abortion still throws me into stunned silence!"
Then I drop to my knees knowing there is only a short time before this person will go through with this. God is not unaware but he has called me to intercession. He could intervene competely without my help, but he has called me now and I will be faithful to respond.
You may not know someone who has had an abortion or is considering an abortion but will you please take time to drop to your knees and petition the Holy Sovereign Lord to put an end to this!
Monday, October 13, 2008
The Pumpkin Princess:
My Piggy:Me: "Ok now everyone keep looking at mommy so that when I call Nator we'll get a picture with everyone looking at the camera"
What the children heard: "Ok everyone look at the camera until I call Nator and then look at that random thing over there."
I just like that the wrinkles on sweet Nator's hands match the wrinkles in the pumpkin.And this one: "Do I look like a pumpkin now?"The Pumpkin Patch is as regular a thing for us as it is for anyone else. It's a seasonal thing and some day I'll miss this season...Fall will still come, but I won't have my sweet little ones to take to the patch and photograph. I hope you enjoy their priceless pumpkin pictures as much as I do!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
I did not cut a gigantic hole in the skirt I had just finished...I did not then proceed to "fake" cry and moan until I accepted the gapping hole and create a patch.
I did not really like the result of the patch I put over the hole...I was still supposed to be mad about the hole.
I did not (inwardly) totally freak when my dad told me he saw the "cat eating monster" (aka coyote) roaming our property at 7:30AM the other morning.
I did not send the children to their classes/nursery and then skip Sunday school to spend time with my husband who was working on the video for the service...I always attend Sunday school getting there early donught eaten and fingers licked.
My living room is not still littered with basket after basket of dirty laundry that I drug out and sorted days ago.
I did not tell myself several times this week "ok, this is my LAST coke. I absolutely will not drink any more after this."
I did not ask the children to pick out which treat they would like at the store and then insist they pick the one I wanted...and when they chose powdered donughts instead of zebra cakes for sure did not buy both just because I really wanted the zebra cakes.
I could go on, but instead check out these others on Mckmama's site.
Boo boo princess likes it too (she wanted to sleep in it) but clearly she is more concerned with showing off her pony...
Here's a close up:
Notice the "patch" in the middle. Cute huh? Yeah...well...I was finishing up the seams, You know zig zagging, then cutting off the extra so it didn't fray...I cut right through the waistband because I wasn't being careful; about a 2" by 2" hole! AHHH!!!! At least it happened to be right smack dab in the middle of the skirt and allowed for some extra customization.I've already purchased more fabric from this collection to make another one.
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. I hate coffee and beer (lots of people think that's interesting, I think it's common sense).
2. I'm published in some poetry book (it's laying around here somewhere).
3. I have been the driver/owner of 7 different vehicles and I've only been driving for 8 years.
4. I went to Hawaii for 4 days and only went in the water once...for about 2 minutes (hey a fish touched me!)
5. My 9lb 5oz youngest son was born at home surrounded by 7 women myself and my husband.
6. I have neopolitan children...no really look at their hair (chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry).
Yeah, I've totally read more interesting tags, but hey that's what you get! So I'm tagging:
2. Laura (yes I know Melissa got to her first)
3. Molly Beth
6. to be determined
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
This is the third time I've made this pattern for her but this time I got brave and used a floral fabric intead of just plain white for collar and cuffs. I'm thrilled with the outcome.
And, I used this lovely biased hem technique I learned on Jona's blog
Also found in Jona's store Fabritopia; I purchased the edith twirl skirt pattern. It is a PDF pattern that you recieve instantly after purchasing. It's way easy and looks very fun. Here is what I'll be making it out of.I can't wait to get started!
Monday, October 6, 2008
I certainly did not reuse my children's lunch plates 3 times before washing them just wiping off the crumbs in between.
I did not spend the whole day yesterday making totally prideful and out of character statements to everyone I met...I'm as humble as a horesfly.
My Nator most certainly did not yell out for his daddy repeatedly during the "quiet" time in church. And of course I took him out immediately and told him to shhh because it wasn't cute that he was excited to see his daddy.
Many other's out there are certainly not doing things this Monday too. Check them out at My Charming Kids
Friday, October 3, 2008
Me: "Yes M.P."
M.P: "You remember that time when we were at the hospital and grandma great was getting that tube out and we were there and grandpa great was reading a magazine and I was looking at it and it was talking about back pain?"
Me: (staring blankly as this event occured several months ago and I'm a little nervous as to what the next part of the story is) Yes.
M.P: "I have back pain."
Me: (staring blankly) "I love you...go to bed."