Thursday, September 4, 2008

The sound of music...

See the title? Here the music? Just guess what I shall be musing about today.


So what you are listening to is a style of music typically heard booming from souped up low riders, honda civics, and small trucks in our town. Don't worry the artists skillfully pounding out rhymes on the tracks you're listening to are Christians. (Note: I am not well versed in hip hop please try not to laugh too hard when I try).


Now aside from that one DC Talk CD I owned back in the day, I'm not a big follower of rap. I've rolled my eyes plenty of times when we passed by one of those low riders that you could actually see shaking with the vibrations of a bass turned up WAY too high. I've covered my children's ears when we were close enough to actually tell what words were being rhymed, and I've made my share of jokes about "platinum grills."


This music is Awesome, God honoring, gospel sharing, artistic praise music. Artists like Lecrae, Trip Lee, Shai Linne, and others are using their God given talents to glorify him and share Christ. I have been challenged by the lyrics to songs like "Send Me."


My husband and I hope to use this music to minister to the people in our community. There are some awesome gospel tracts that include a 10 track CD with some of these artists. You can view and purchase it here.

I hope you enjoy the music...it took some getting used to for me, but the words are what got me. I'm not forsaking my other musical loves (there are some of those on here too), but for now I'm taking a detour down Jesus Muzik Lane.

Gotta check with my peeps. I'm out.

No comments: