Monday, January 11, 2010

Sketch



While out at my favorite craft store today I picked up a sketch book. I have middle of the night epiphanies that simply must be written down.

The other night a vision came to me of a fabulous not to fancy, very original, but keeping with the current fashions dress. I've yet to sketch it, but I will.

The problem is though, that I do not have good drawing skills. My dad is a cabinet maker. His math and drawing skills are superior to my own. My brother is a graphic artist, and a very good one at that.

I got the short end of the stick when it comes to proportionate drawings. So, my dream tool is one of these:

Do not be fooled, this is no ordinary notebook! I has 34 pages of instructional information followed by 130 female figure templates. The figures are traceable and plain so it is easy to draw over them, making it look like you've mastered the art of fashion sketching. Fashionary is actually quite well priced for what you get.

If you too have been looking for the tools to sketch out your design ideas, check out Fashionary by fashionaryonline at Etsy.

No comments: