Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Funk

I'm in a sewing funk today. I have some alterations that I'm not to excited about doing and frankly I just want to sew something new!

Normally I love doing alterations and it's not bad that I get paid for it:o) But today, it's not so much fun.

I miss my mentor. I haven't gotten to work with her since September as she had emergency heart surgery. I miss her wisdom and guidance. There is so much I have to learn about being a seamstress and a dressmaker.

After I get this weeks alterations out I think I'll get started on the dress I wanted to make for myself. That would make me feel more inspired.

I still need to take pictures of Boo boo princess in her Kyoko dress by Patty Young and post some pictures of the things I made for family for Christmas. I think my mom really like the table runners I made her. They're reversible. I made two one with Winter and Fall and one with Spring and summer patterns on them. I made my first mens shirt for Mr. Incredible, but I got the buttons and pocket on the wrong side...I want to make another attempt at that.

Well that's all for now folks!

No comments: