Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A new dress and some random cuteness

I made a new dress for Boo boo princess. She found a pattern she wanted at the craft store, but me not wanting to pay $12 for a pattern and then spend time cutting it out and all that I came up with my own pattern.

A friend suggested I make the bow interchangeable. So I used button holes to thread the ribbon through but it is not tacked down.


She of course picked the pink. I added the green. The original pattern had a ruffle at the bottom but I ran short on fabric so I made a contrast panel instead.
It's zippered in the back. I really like the way it turned out! It will be cute with a little long sleeve shirt for the winter.

And now, for some random cuteness.
My Nator crawled up into his toy "crock" and was reading with his sisters princess sunglasses (upside down of course).

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG - those pictures are priceless!! Love the upside down glasses! Great job on the dress mama! I wish I could sew! Alas, my sewing is limited to hemming pants with duct tape!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/

S.L.P said...

Jennifer, Oh no, not duct tape! Next time you send them to me:o)