Saturday, December 5, 2009

Maturing

I used to think some day I wanted to be a grandmother of dozens of sweet little children. I would babysit ALL the time. I would cook big meals and have all the kids over and be the center saint along side my husband. I would be respected (of course) loved, adored, stern, but ever the spoiler.

Maybe it's just my current season...but right now what I look forward to is those days when Mr. Incredible and I go to breakfast by ourselves. When my hair is graying and his is all gone, but we're still hopelessly devoted to each other. When we can really get to know each other and pursue random interests or maybe just stay in bed all day.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to wish away my children, but, for right now at least, I wouldn't mind if they choose to live in on the other side of the country when they grow up:o)

No comments: